Our Client Stories
- I am a Foster mom of 2 young adults; both of these young men have challenging disabilities. SOS was referred to me from the Government Guardian agency. We have had SOS working with both of these young men for over a year. I have found the communication great, with wonderful brain storming team work. The care giving staff has provided a trusting relationship, with very appropriate guidance and support to our home setting. I get a wonderful break from the respite they provide in my home each week.Joan BHappy Referral
Darcy and her team are people you can trust and rely on when you need to have appointments. It is great not to worry about where to go and the waiting time after with any public transportation.Gordon MHappy Client
- Darcy your invoices are wonderful, clear and concise, with reasonable charges too!Tanya Public Trustee’s officeHappy Client
- Darcy has been supporting my 47 yr old son for the past 3 yrs. I have found her to be utterly reliable as she takes her responsibility seriously. I have no hesitation in recommending Darcy and her team in providing care.Jean RHappy with reliable service
- I have found that Darcy and staff to be very personable and reliable taking my mom out. I have found Darcy to be upbeat and positive. I would trust her with any of my loved ones.Sylvia BHappy with positive caregiver
Darcy & SOS
Thank you so much for the extra care you have given BarbAdele & familyHappy Client
August 8, 2013
I must say I find your invoice very good and informative!
Thank youDougHappy with Sos Caregiver invoicing
It was roughly one year ago that I had the luck to find a pamphlet for “SOS Supportive Outing and Services Inc”. I was a single mom with a disabled daughter trying to take care of two parents with the onset of Alzheimer’s and dementia. I had finally moved both parents into a retirement residence here in Calgary and thought most of my worries would be over, I was wrong!! I had a ton of appointments to take them to and honestly did not know how I was going to do it, I had a full time job and getting either parent to and from an appointment took two to three hours. I was so very thankful when I found that pamphlet and made a call to Darcy Kline the owner. We met over a coffee, I described my situation to Darcy and she was nothing but polite, compassionate, caring, trustworthy and so very, very, very helpful in all ways. Darcy has not only been there to take my parents to appointments, she has been keeping track of the appointments, offering to take them out for lunch and other little excursions that I just do not have the time to do, she goes that extra mile. I would recommend anyone who is in my situation and needs that extra help to give Darcy and her team at SOS Supportive Outing and Services Inc. a call.LynnWould recommend SOS Caregiver Services
- My Mother is 89 years old and has advanced dementia as well as many physical ailments which make it difficult for her to stand up and walk by herself. Before I met Darcy, it was getting harder and harder to get my Mom to her medical appointments. By the time I got her in my car, put her wheelchair in the trunk, drove to the doctor’s office, searched for a vacant handicapped parking stall, took her for the appointment then reversed the process to get her home, I was stressed and exhausted!! When I went on holidays, I was worried that no-one would visit Mom and that was upsetting too. Then I met Darcy. What a relief!! She gets Mom to her medical appointments and also visits Mom when I’m away. They do crossword puzzles and look at photo albums. As my Mom said “I don’t think I remember you, but I think I like you”.JaneHappy with companion visits for senior mom
- I first engaged Darcy Kline and SOS Supportive Outing and Services Inc in March of 2012, when my mother was diagnosed with Dementia (Alzheimer’s type) and committed to Long Term Care. My 91 year old father was left alone for the first time in 65 years, and we needed someone to assist me in ensuring he could maintain contact with his beloved wife who was committed to a facility across the city from him. In the next few months, Darcy and her staff supported us through some life-threatening medical incidents, including my father moving into an Assisted Living Facility, and many details of my parents adjustments to massive frightening changes in their existence. Throughout, the SOS Staff have done their best to aid me in my sometimes overwhelming caregiving role and in maintaining my parents emotional and physical well-being.
Although, in my opinion, we have been blessed well above their basic employment commitment, and well past any “Normal” expectations, I am extremely grateful for their unremitting efforts to support us in transportation requirements, entertainments opportunities and basic nurturing for both of my parents and even for me. Their rates are extremely reasonable and their quality of service is unsurpassed. I cannot adequately describe my appreciation, or how sincerely I respect and admire Darcy and her Team. Because I am well aware, through the work I do, of the multitude of disadvantaged adults in our society, and how desperate the need is for this level of commitment and service, I am glad to highly recommend SOS in that capacity.Ruellen F.Admire Darcy Kline and her compassion
I Highly recommend Calgary SOS Caregivers, I hired them for social
visits with my Dad as I could not see him as often as I felt Needed
As Dads dementia progressed, their role Increased,
As Dad moved around from seniors home, to hospital, to Assisted living
SOS were able to follow him from place to place, & even custom tailor
a schedule that made sense for us.
I especially appreciated the detailed reports on how Dad was doing for each visit.
Also the phone calls if something was not right. The billing was bang on
& very detailed.
I Found SOS to be Caring Compassionate & Dependable. Darcy was exceptional to deal with,
I could see Dad light up when his Care giver Eileen came to visit [Thank you]
SOS Thank you for all your service & treating my Dad like family.Nick SimsHighly Recommends SOS Caregivers
I hired Calgary SOS Caregivers when my mother had to leave her home due to the onset of dementia. Over the ensuing four years, Darcy and her staff were instrumental in keeping the quality of her life the best it could be. From taking her to appointments, small outings and lunches, and later when she was largely housebound, with home social visits, my mother always felt connected. The SOS staff, to a person, were all compassionate, caring individuals. As I live several thousand miles away and could not always be there, the regular reports, feedback and telephone calls greatly helped with my peace of mind. As my mother’s disease progressed and I was faced with difficult decisions in areas I had no experience with, Darcy and her staff always had thoughtful advice and points to consider. My mother has recently passed on and it would have been very difficult to go through the process without their assistance. I have nothing but great respect and admiration for them and would highly recommend their services for anyone needing this type of assistance.
RegardsAdrienne KwaczekGreat Respect and Admiration
SOS care is awesome. Mom looked forward to their visits as though she was going to see a friend.LoriHappy client
- You SOS guys are nothing short of a miracle!
You are doing exactly what Jesus came here to teach us. May God bless you all according to his riches in heaven.Laszlo MartonHappy Client
- Our family has been using a variety of services provided by SOS Calgary Caregiver since June of 2018. My sister and I, and our mom don’t know what we would do without Darcy and her wonderful caring staff. Our mom lives in an assisted living facility and is unable to go out and about or to medical appointments .. or anywhere at all, by herself.. She has mobility challenges and suffers from dementia. We trust the staff members at SOS to transport mom to anyplace she needs or wants to be, when we are not available to do so. More importantly, mom trusts them and feels safe and comfortable while on the road and on the go! We have also asked SOS Calgary Caregiver to assist us with twice weekly visits with mom at her home, to provide mom with some outside company and to improve her quality of life. Once a week, a visitor comes and works one on one with mom on a craft project and takes her for a walk, to improve her ability. On the other weekly visit, mom and her friend go out shopping, for coffee, and a variety of other outings that interest mom. These visits have come to mean a great deal to mom, and she considers those staff members her friends.Happy Client
To stop and scroll through at your own pace please click on the radio button below testimonials.